Texture to Image

Started by
3 comments, last by manko_0607 16 years, 8 months ago
Hi all..:) I need to recover in a buffer the texture (a part of it, it depends on the texture coordinates) that i rend into a plan.... Please...Do you have any ideas?? Do you know a fonction (or a group of it) with which i can recover this object? i fact i work woth 3D textures...but if you have some ideas for 2D is too very good..(after I think I can adapt it...:)..) thank you very much... Good Time
Advertisement
Are you asking how to read back a texture or read back from your frame buffer? Use glGetTexImage() for the former, glReadPixels() for the latter.
Thanks coordz...

I've to explain better my effective problem...

if you consider that we have n images and we create a 3D texture by using these n images we can display an interpolated image on a plane, that in fact don't exist, playing with texture coordinate...

I would like to get back only this interpolated image that i display on the plane.....

I try to use glReadPixel but it does not convain for my application.

thanks..

hi
Quote:
if you consider that we have n images and we create a 3D texture by using these n images we can display an interpolated image on a plane, that in fact don't exist, playing with texture coordinate...

Sure. I get you.
Quote:
I would like to get back only this interpolated image that i display on the plane.....

So you draw a quad with the correct texture coords with shows you the interpolated texture.
Quote:
I try to use glReadPixel but it does not convain for my application.

Then you use glReadPixels() and you don't get back sensible data? I'm not sure what you mean by "does not convain". To test your pipeline try drawing to the screen so you can *see* your interpolated texture. Once you've got that you can concentrate on checking if your glReadPixels() call is working as it should.
yes...I get you..

with glReadPixel I recover back my screen?
isn't it(his is the firth time that i use it, i'm not OpenGl expert...)?
...into it there are a lot of object with my quad with the 3D texturing...and the recovered back image is'nt in the same size and quality that original images..and i would like it....

some ideas??

thank you

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement