X-Games and Extreme Sports!!

Started by
7 comments, last by Kenny77 16 years, 8 months ago
X-Games 13 Big Air-Jake Brown falls 50 feet & walks away!! This just happened maybe twenty minutes ago live on TV. Is that not the most REDICULOUS thing you have ever seen?? How he survived that fall is beyond me. So who likes extreme sports? Who plays them, who watches them. Feel free to share any home video you've made.
....[size="1"]Brent Gunning
Advertisement
Looks like his shoes cushioned a lot of his fall when they flew off.

A guy survived a 40 foot fall at a construction site (something collapsed) while clinging to a steel girder recently i believe although he broke a fair few bones in the process.

I used to skateboard though i havent for a long time mainly cause i broke my collar bone last summer so was slingbound for 6 weeks. Plus the nearest decent skatepark closed a few years back and no decent skate spots without getting the police called on you at night and having to run for it ^^
Thanks for reminding me. I forgot the X-Games were starting.
That was ridiculous! I have never seen a skateboarding bail that big.
Freebording Explained

Lately I've been thinking about getting into freebording as cross-training for snowboarding. Does anyone freebord or have any thoughts about it?
....[size="1"]Brent Gunning
Quote:Original post by think_different
Freebording Explained

Lately I've been thinking about getting into freebording as cross-training for snowboarding. Does anyone freebord or have any thoughts about it?

Never heard of it before you posted the link. Looks pretty crazy. That, and I wonder how much a freeboard costs.
I snowboard a lot, and I used to do inline a lot when I was younger (mostly half-pipe), as well as skateboard.

I gave up the last two for the most part due to there not being any good skate parks near me anymore. I still snowboard all the time in the winter though.
Quote:Original post by think_different
How he survived that fall is beyond me.
Pfft. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Freefall#Surviving_falls
I love what Tony Hawk says after: "I can't believe he landed the 720.". If you get speed wobbles going that fast, you close your eyes and pray you live. With my deck the trucks are really loose and don't match, so I've had to dive and slide on a few front lawns to save my bacon.

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement