Crystal Clear Icon under LGPL License clarification

Started by
2 comments, last by hyperweb 16 years, 8 months ago
Hi, I hope someone can help me out on this. I came upon Crystal Clear Icons from: http://commons.wikimedia.org/wiki/Crystal_Clear These icons are released under LGPL license. Now, I have difficult understanding the implications of using these icons with my software application. My situation is currently like this: I'm developing a software and thinking of using Crystal Clear icons for my software's GUI. These icons are not statically linked to my software (which means these icons are seperated from the software). Now, I have no intention of releasing the compiled software and the source code anytime soon. What I intend to do now is to create videos demonstration of my software in action (this means that the Crystal Clear icons can be seen on the videos) Since I am posting those videos on the web, do I need to release the following items due to LGPL license?: a) The software source code b) The compiled software c) The Crystal Clear Icons Thanks for your time :)
Advertisement
Moving to the business forum.
What the LGPL requires of you is if you make modifications to the icons you must release them in the editable form. The user should be able to edit the icons without being restricted to making changes to them and they should be distributed in a standard easily editable format.
i see. Thanks for your reply :)

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement