fopen

Started by
7 comments, last by _Sigma 16 years, 8 months ago
Silly question, but I couldn't find the answer. Is fopen case sensitive?
Advertisement
Depends on the underlying operating system.
Win XP.

I've been having some strange troubles with it, and this was one of the last things I could/can think of.
In WinXP it is not case sensitive.

If you can describe in more detail of the original problem, we might be able to help you more.
Quote:Original post by SiCrane
Depends on the underlying operating system.

Quote:Original post by Crypter
In WinXP it is not case sensitive.

Nitpick: Depends on the underlying file system.
Arguing on the internet is like running in the Special Olympics: Even if you win, you're still retarded.[How To Ask Questions|STL Programmer's Guide|Bjarne FAQ|C++ FAQ Lite|C++ Reference|MSDN]
One thing people easily forget is double quotes being automatically added by Windows, in some cases.
If your program gets the file name via command line or drag & drop, or maybe via the common dialog, likely it will be bounded with "" that you need to stripe before using fopen(). Double quotes, however, are only added when the file name would be unclear, without.

It's just a guess, without any more details I can't think of anything else ^^
[ King_DuckZ out-- ]
Quote:One thing people easily forget is double quotes being automatically added by Windows, in some cases.
If your program gets the file name via command line or drag & drop, or maybe via the common dialog, likely it will be bounded with "" that you need to stripe before using fopen(). Double quotes, however, are only added when the file name would be unclear, without.

It's just a guess, without any more details I can't think of anything else ^^

Not the problem, but you sent me in the right direction. Many thanks.

The problem is that I am failing to strip off the last " in parsing my file.

If I have a line such as:

#include "myfile.as" // include the file we need

I want myfile.as

Currently I am using this:

newScript = newScript.substr(newScript.find_first_of("\"")+1,newScript.find_last_of("\"")-1);

where newScript would hold #include "myfile.as" // include the file we need

This is failing to strip off the last ". Is there an obvious reason why?

The second argument of string::substr() is the length of the substring not the position of the end of the substring.
Quote:Original post by SiCrane
The second argument of string::substr() is the length of the substring not the position of the end of the substring.

Ah. Well I have java to thank for this!

As always SiCrane, you're a fantastic help!

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement