Sign in to follow this  
goldenpanda

My game just went live -- giving away Game Maker + Civ 4

goldenpanda    180
My site has just gone up! Battle Ball is essentially 3D pong with a competitive twist. You can play it head-to-head over the Internet, level up your paddle, then go on to win tournaments. Currently as a beta testing promotion I'm giving away GM 7.0 + "Game Maker's Apprentice", and Civilization 4. The tournament begins this Tuesday and runs for four days. You can start training now. The game is completely free. Battle Ball Website Hope to see you in the lobby! Kirby at

d000hg    1199
Doesn't seem to be much interest here, so I'll chip in to say it is a very nicely done version, very slick, and actually takes some skill to play well.

The online play seems to work great, and the tournaments sound like fun. See you there (I'm d000hg in the game)?

chipmeisterc    268
Just played it, cool little game, congrats on finishing it!

I find the camera a little irritating ( but then i spend a lot of my time programming game cameras )....Although having said that it does add to the difficulty of the game, in a positive way! Would like to see where you take this next!

Chris

goldenpanda    180
Thanks for the suggestion I have put it on image of the day (but kind of wasted the first 1000 views but omitting the website address!)

The camera was not designed to be difficult for the player. It was to help the player manage play inside a bigger space than would be possible otherwise. The other benefit was that the 3D can now come alive with the moving camera. It did cause some initial irritation with people, but the newbies got very good in just one or two days (see some of the guys in this thread).

In the next patch I plan to add a training aid that shows you how far out the paddle is from your eye. I am hopeful that it can make the introduction more friendly for people.

Kirby

Sign in to follow this