Sign in to follow this  

[web] ASP MSAccess Database Help (Solved)

This topic is 3781 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

I am using a page that uses a post/get address (IE: http://localhost/sport.asp?id=3) to get information from an access database. I have a table named "sport_select" (this is the table that the asp uses for the info from the url) Ahh forget it... the easiest way I can describe it is through a picture. here: http://labsply.com/ASP_SQL.gif hopefully it makes sence. It seems to be the only way I can think of doing it, but then again I don't know much about ASP. If either someone could clear up my mistake(s) or show me a more efficient way, it would be greatly appreciated! Ohh and the reason I cant combine all of the tables is because it would be a pain to display (and it would look crappy) and there would have to be like 50 schedule columns and like 30 player columns. [Edited by - blackbirdblackbird1 on August 7, 2007 3:41:41 PM]

I'm not really understanding your question. Does this not work? Without knowing more about what type of info you're trying to hold I can't really suggest another way of doing what you're doing.

[Edited by - ArchG on August 7, 2007 2:59:32 AM]

Quote:
Original post by ArchG
I'm not really understanding your question. Does this not work? Without knowing more about what type of info you're trying to hold I can't really suggest another way of doing what you're doing.

Here is the code for the post/get (sport.asp?id=3):

<%
Option Explicit ' not necessary, but good practice

Dim id, sport

' get id parameter, in this case we're checking if it's a number
If IsNumeric(Request("id")) Then
id = CLng(Request("id"))
Else
id = 0
End If
%>

<%

Dim conn
Dim rs

' initialize connection and recordset

set conn=Server.CreateObject("ADODB.Connection")
conn.Provider="Microsoft.Jet.OLEDB.4.0"
conn.Open "C:\Inetpub\AUSDpublic\ahs\sports.mdb"

set rs = Server.CreateObject("ADODB.recordset")
rs.Open "SELECT TOP 1 * FROM sport_select WHERE id = " & id, conn

Dim player
player = rs("play_db")
%>

What that should do is tell the database which row to look at.

The next code is another connection to the same DB but a different table:

HAHAHAHAHA...........

Let me explain myself. When I was in the middle of getting the second connection code I somehow made it work and after about 5 min of teaking it I got it running!

This topic is 3781 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.