FreeType issues

Started by
1 comment, last by GreyHound 16 years, 8 months ago
I'm rendering fonts using FreeType in OpenGL and am getting weird results when rendering the fonts at different heights. See if you can spot the differences... :) This is the font with height of 24px: Free Image Hosting at www.ImageShack.us At 16px high: Free Image Hosting at www.ImageShack.us Now at 12px high: Free Image Hosting at www.ImageShack.us Can you see how corrupt the 12px rendered font is? I tell you, it gets much worse at 8px... Is this normal? Does FreeType not do well at low heights? Or must I be doing something wrong in my code? [Edited by - hellraiser on August 5, 2007 6:16:27 PM]
Advertisement
Antialiasing and low resolution fonts don't mix well.
We''re sorry, but you don''t have the clearance to read this post. Please exit your browser at this time. (Code 23)
It´s quite hard to tell what's going wrong since you didn't explain what you do nor show any code.

I use FreeType (2) myself and could recreate the same effects easily. That's because i initialize ttf fonts with a certain size (12) and directly generate the display lists. Probably not a good idea. I'd need to call glScale to get the size bigger, which would make the result kinda messy. Are you doing something similar?

How do you achief the font size scaling? glScale or by generating the bitmaps from the correctly initialized glyths?

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement