Where should I start?

Started by
2 comments, last by NewGuy 24 years, 4 months ago
Search the forums. There are at least 50 posts with the same question.

Former Microsoft XNA and Xbox MVP | Check out my blog for random ramblings on game development

Advertisement
Yap, I agree.

Actually I would like to add that ask more something like "I know very little about game programming and now I know how to do this and this with Allegro. I would LIKE TO TRY TO CREATE TETRIS (or some project), I don't know how to do (something, rotate blocks ect.)"

If you tell what you wan't to know, and you ask, you will get more clear answer. If you don't tell very clear question, I might just throw "Oh, you don't know what now ? Try to study how to create 3D-engine", or "Try to learn how to do alphablending in software mode, you will need it after one year", and propably you will say "it's boring, I don't want to learn that right now"... Got my idea ?

Try again and we will help you. I started with my crazy project and now I know what to ask (how to create damn fast 640x480 16bit scrolling engine

I'm new to programming, and am using DJGPP with allegro. So far I can put sprites on the screen and animate them, a little. I'm wondering, where do I go next?
Thanks. I guess what I really wanted to know was, how do I use the animations in a game?

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement