Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Guest Anonymous Poster

Real-Time Strategy Game Programing Using MS DirectX 6.0

This topic is 6585 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

Not knowing the class you are using, this could be completely off target, but anyway:

It sounds like you have a problem with truecolor/palette mode, or possible different true color modes (TGAs are either 24 or 32 bit, if you are using a 16-bit display, it will look odd).

Also, there is a great deal of different TGA derivatives - try saving the picture with something other than Photoshop (ImageComposer)

/Niels

I got this too work, I'm not sure of the exact answer because I haven't been using other people's code anymore so I can learn what I actually need to do... but anyway...

I believe I was able to create mine on Paint Shop Pro. I think it was just a save as option. I experienced some problems at first too using his class, and got some blocky images of a bunch of seemingly random pixels to display. I went back and saved it again in PSP 4.2 and it worked fine at that point.

Guest Anonymous Poster
Using Kawicks GRAPHIC class, how do I properly load a non-compressed TGA? I can get it to appear on the screen but the colors are wrong. I set all the 'CompressFlag's for non-compressed but it still appears non compressed tga is being loaded compressed. How do I make compressed TGA's? I don't see an option in photo shop. Do I have to load them with the GRAPHIC class then use the classes save feature?