Real-Time Strategy Game Programing Using MS DirectX 6.0

Started by
1 comment, last by GameDev.net 24 years, 4 months ago
Not knowing the class you are using, this could be completely off target, but anyway:

It sounds like you have a problem with truecolor/palette mode, or possible different true color modes (TGAs are either 24 or 32 bit, if you are using a 16-bit display, it will look odd).

Also, there is a great deal of different TGA derivatives - try saving the picture with something other than Photoshop (ImageComposer)

/Niels

<b>/NJ</b>
Advertisement
Using Kawicks GRAPHIC class, how do I properly load a non-compressed TGA? I can get it to appear on the screen but the colors are wrong. I set all the 'CompressFlag's for non-compressed but it still appears non compressed tga is being loaded compressed. How do I make compressed TGA's? I don't see an option in photo shop. Do I have to load them with the GRAPHIC class then use the classes save feature?
I got this too work, I'm not sure of the exact answer because I haven't been using other people's code anymore so I can learn what I actually need to do... but anyway...

I believe I was able to create mine on Paint Shop Pro. I think it was just a save as option. I experienced some problems at first too using his class, and got some blocky images of a bunch of seemingly random pixels to display. I went back and saved it again in PSP 4.2 and it worked fine at that point.

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement