Sign in to follow this  
BeguiledFoil

OpenGL Odd black circle on glutSolidSpheres

Hello, haven't been able to find anything via the search: I've got a simple opengl windows app which draws a couple of spheres (drawn using glutSolidSphere routine). When I do the following : glMatrixMode (GL_PROJECTION); glLoadIdentity (); glFrustum (-2.0, 2.0, -2.0, 2.0, 1.5, 50.0); and recompile/run the program everything works fine EXCEPT there are two odd black circles on my spheres. <can't seem to post a pic, will add a link if I can't figure this out> Basically I'm wondering if there's an obvious reason that switching to projection mode/using my specified frustum would cause those circles to appear. When I move the sphere(s) to the far left side they turn from black to white, and it seems to be controlled by the lighting (one light in the scene). When they go to the right side it stays black. Any help appreciated, if its not obvious don't feel bad about just moving on :)

Hmm... if you change your background colour, does this colour appear in the "spots", or do they remain black? If they do change with the background colour, then perhaps (although this seems odd to me, given their placement) the spheres are too close to your near plane, or, conversely, your near plane is too far out.