Sign in to follow this  

Some Beginners Questions.

This topic is 3779 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

I just kind of started to make Games in C++ (allegro) and in Game Maker. I was wondering a few Things How can i incorporate Surround Sound (Dolby\DTS\something) in supporting Audio Cards? or possibly Virtual Speaker? What Works Better: IrrKLANG or SDL_Mixer? and IRRLicht or OGRE - Both Feature and Graphics Also.. i have Irrlicht engine. the example code looks a lot like managed C (using namespace irr) ect, would it work on a GCC Compiler (Mingw32)? And finaly... What is the Resolution for HDTVS: 480p\720p\1080i\Not sure if supported : 1080p?

Quote:
Original post by speewave2012

How can i incorporate Surround Sound (Dolby\DTS\something) in supporting Audio Cards?

It would be something through directsound or something. That seems really complex for a begginning though.

Quote:

What Works Better:

IrrKLANG or SDL_Mixer? and

I'm pretty sure you need to use sdl to use sdl_mixer. Im not familiar with irrkalng.

Quote:
Original post by ender7771
Quote:

How can i incorporate Surround Sound (Dolby\DTS\something) in supporting Audio Cards?

It would be something through directsound or something. That seems really complex for a begginning though.

well for later on... obviously.. i can do Mono\Stereo\2.1 in my PC with no S\PIDF Connection i think up to 5.1\6.1 with that.. i don't know!~

This topic is 3779 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.