Texture problem

Started by
2 comments, last by Lord_Evil 16 years, 8 months ago
Hi All, I am Currently work with SharpGL.I need to Apply texture to .COB (files) object ,which is imported object. i have problem with that so give me reply with solution immediately. and also i have another question . how can i import .X (DirectX) file in SharpGL / OpenGL ? Thank you.
Advertisement
1) You need to be much more specific, people aren't going to just give you a fully working solution.

2) OpenGL doesn't handle loading files, you have to do that manually, and pass the vertex data to OpenGL
hi harsh

i m also from india (delhi). which company r u working for? and which project r u on.

i don't know about sharpGL. But i lernt openGL for some time back. i think let me explain u one thing, that u can't load any file in openGL. if u r in dev C++ then you need to use C++ functions to load file and then convert that data to vertex buffer and pass to openGL.

for doing all this stuff, u first need to understand the x file format completely. or u may find some code on the net that will do the same. But my opinion is that u understand the x file format even using someone else's code.

happy coding
I agree:

OpenGL doesn't help you with loading data from a file. You have to do it on your own and pass the data to OpenGL in a format it understands.

That might also be the answer to you first question:
If .COB files don't include texture coordinates you'd either have to calculate them on your own or use automatic texture coordinate generation.
If I was helpful, feel free to rate me up ;)If I wasn't and you feel to rate me down, please let me know why!

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement