Sign in to follow this  

Game Engines

This topic is 3778 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

Hi I'm new to the site and it's likely this has been asked many a time but I'm gonna ask anyway. I'm currently managing a game development project and we need a game engine. I'm looking for something open source and is robust enough to support a sort of MMORPG style game. I've had a look at nebula 2 and that's currently winning. The only issue I see is it may not be powerful enough. Any other suggests? What experience has any one had with this engine? Is it a good engine? Sorry if this is the wrong forum.

You'll likely get answers here, but in all honesty anything that starts with 'MMO' is going to get immediate heat [and for good reason]. I'd advise you dig through the archives of the multiplayer and networking forum [since hard-core networking is really what a MMO "engine" is going to be]. I know for a fact that there is a rather recent thread about this very topic in that forum, and countless others buried deep.

This topic is 3778 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.