• Advertisement
Sign in to follow this  
anselmthecrack

Get sdl_gfx compiling in Visual C++ 2005 ?!

This topic is 4018 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

Hi there, Like you may have guessed i have a problem. I want to make a game library or engine for the Ruby language based on SDL. It all works fine with SDL,SDL_TTF and SDL_gfx in linux. It doesn't really work fine in windows. Because it seems rather impossible to compile sdl_gfx. I used Visual C++ 2005 Express Edition and the Platform SDK for the following: I tried to build it with nmake and the makefile for vc++ 6 and get this error: fatal error U1035: syntax error : expected ':' or '=' separator I heared (or i saw) of a lot of people having this problem too but I couldn't find any solution. Then I tried the vc++ 7 project file: VC++ 2005 converted it, then I tried to build it but vc++ couldn't find any of the header or source code files because the author of sdl_gfx used absolute paths instead of relative ones. (and I just don't have the sdl_gfx folder in E:/Documents and Settings/james/sdl_gfx.xxxx and my name isn't james at all ^^) Is there any solution for this? I am willing to try everything what would help. Thanks in advance! (And sorry for the english mistakes... I'm 14 and from germany ;-)

Advertisement
Sign in to follow this  

• Advertisement

Important Information

By using GameDev.net, you agree to our community Guidelines, Terms of Use, and Privacy Policy.

We are the game development community.

Whether you are an indie, hobbyist, AAA developer, or just trying to learn, GameDev.net is the place for you to learn, share, and connect with the games industry. Learn more About Us or sign up!

Sign me up!