My game design titled, Hell's Rising

Started by
15 comments, last by Infinity99 16 years, 8 months ago
You say your game takes place in modern day, but the more you reveal, the more it sounds like an alien world. Maybe a better approach would be to place this game in a world somewhat paralell to ours.

A great example of this is "the fifth element". The movie took place in the future yes, but a completley impossible future where things are completley flipped around and out of wack, however, people see it as the normal world.

Perhaps an approach would be to alienate the player so they don't have a sense of being in a real school. This would without a doubt eliminate the violence problem.

If however, the suggestion above cannot work you may want to simply say that schools are being destroyed. Such as you could walk by a TV and hear the reporter talking about it. I'm assuming that the entire world doesn't end in one big flash.

How about all this happens when you're in a library? That's a place of learning.

---------------------------------------- There's a steering wheel in my pants and it's drivin me nuts
Advertisement
EXCELLENT IDEA!!! Man. I'd have never thought of that. Ever. I was gonna put it happening in the summer but thanks to this, I won't have to change much.
It seemed to me, and don't take this the wrong way, was that your main feature is having a full customisable high-school student, with "Devil Name" and stuff like that. You need to give your player a well-defined goal. For example, who is the player mainly going to be fighting? And ultimately, why?

Don't get me wrong I think your idea has potential, as do many. However try and develop the substance of the game, I mean describe what the levels are going to be like, the general themes of it a bit more storyline and what your ultimate goal is. Until you do that people here don't have much to go off, I mean if someone scans your post (which they shouldn't but they do) they get: You customise your character who is a demon with powers and then you hit attack button repeatedly.
Quote:Original post by xSynapse
It seemed to me, and don't take this the wrong way, was that your main feature is having a full customisable high-school student, with "Devil Name" and stuff like that. You need to give your player a well-defined goal. For example, who is the player mainly going to be fighting? And ultimately, why?

Don't get me wrong I think your idea has potential, as do many. However try and develop the substance of the game, I mean describe what the levels are going to be like, the general themes of it a bit more storyline and what your ultimate goal is. Until you do that people here don't have much to go off, I mean if someone scans your post (which they shouldn't but they do) they get: You customise your character who is a demon with powers and then you hit attack button repeatedly.

Hmm, scan. I put your main goal was to stop the Devil in the short version. I thought that was enough. I guess not.
well... how do you stop the devil? I think that's what he's asking
---------------------------------------- There's a steering wheel in my pants and it's drivin me nuts
Quote:Original post by Infinity99
Hmm, scan. I put your main goal was to stop the Devil in the short version. I thought that was enough. I guess not.

I didn't scan your post. Who will the player be fighting? You can't just have 1 enemy, the devil. So you need sub-enemies, minions or demons of the devil etc. What will these be like? Will some of the levels be in hell? What will be the sub-objectives of each level? How is the player going to actually stop the devil? All questions you need to think about when designing your game. I'm sorry if I come across a bit harsh, but you did ask if there was anything you'd missed out, and there is a few pages worth.
No really. Your not being harsh. I just haven't really put them on. I'll tell you. As you can see in the "fighting tutorial" You fight another demon and he summons demons for you to fight. These demons are called Dark Sin. They are the element of darkness and the move through shadow. They control people they kill. They're like zombies but covered in darkness and black stitching on where body parts have been severed or gashes are. The Demon you are fighting will be called Rimmon. He's a Force Demon that controls gravity. He's the boss of the first level. You fight the Dark Sin (You learn your attack and defense tactics) Then he summons three other demons after you kill all those. These Demons are called Barker. They are animated by the trees. They are huge, towering demons that are slow but extremely powerful. You start the "dodge tutorial" here. You use Mindless to dodge or you can do it the easier, old fashioned way and move around with controls. After this fight, you start the "transformation tutorial" where you learn how to transform. For this fight, you have an infinite transformation gauge and have a lot more powers than you start off with. Transformation is like Devil May Cry except you get covered in an invisible shield while transforming then the shield destroys anything in the shield except you then it explodes into thin air. And their. You transformed. You have unique powers and a whole bunch of other stuff.

Anyways, the bosses you fight Are:

Natural Demon
The Ultimate
Quick Demon
Aqua Demon - Watercraze
Earth Demon - Earthwarp
Machine Demon - Spiketwist
Death Demon - Rotspawn
Fire Demon - Warblaze
Air Demon - ?Forgot?
Light Demon - ?Forgot?

That's not all of them and you fight a pretty wide variety of demons in between and to defeat the Devil, you must get to be as strong or even stronger than him. And you will have a really long time to do that, believe me. By the time you fight him, he'll be easy. He's not even the final boss. Of course he's gonna be a challenge though. He has the powers of psychic, fire, ice...I think that's all. He'll be continuously twisting your mind making it hard to control your character. You stay in one place for a split second, your controls mix up and if you don't time your Mindless command right, he'll control you for a while. So yeah, he'll be tough. But not as hard as compared to God.

Here's a short list of random enemies:

Ignition - Multi Elemental
Breaker - Multi Elemental
Crimson Carnage - Spirit Elemental
Akens - Dark Elemental
Eater - Bone, Meat Elemental
Yfer - Flame Elemental
Sinviable Oneb - Bone Elemental
Barker - Nature Elemental
Deon Deirsoul - Metal Elemental
Dark Sin - Dark Elemental

No where near how many I've made up. This is only some of them. Oh, And I dea's for demons world be great from you guys. Thank You !!

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement