Sign in to follow this  

multiple helicopter fight

This topic is 3777 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

Recently, I have been thinking about games that feature a part in it where you get to fight a helicopter from the ground. Games I can think of off the top of my head are Half Life 2 and Cold Winter, as well as from what I've seen in the upcoming games Crysis and Stranglehold. What I have never seen though is a fight against multiple helicopters at the same time. I was thinking maybe the reason for this is because game developers have never thought about this idea. Or do you think they have tried it but saw problems with the helicopters crashing into each other making it look less realistic if they came out unscathed? Although this might not be a problem if it were set in a big open enviorment. Same thing goes with films I have seen. So why do you think this has never been done before (at least to my knowledge)? If so I would find it interesting to see it done as a new gameplay element. I was thinking they could also do this with other aircraft as well, like maybe jets. Though this may be harder to implement because of the realism factor. Oh and I'm not sure if Crysis or Stranglehold do have this in their games, but from the gameplay footage I saw from them it's just a single helicopter fight.

You might want to check your sources again. In half life 2, there are several instances where you fight 2 or more helicopters (or the equivalent of) at one time. Striders, drop-ships, and good ol helecopters fall into this catagory.

Personally, it's more of a problem with the player than the company. Players can't keep track of them for one. They would much rather keep track of 1 powerful target compared to a few weaker ones. Shooting at a flying object in a 3 demintional space is hard enough without 2 being there. The only reason they could do it in half life was because of their lazer guided rockets. Usually, players are forced to guess where the chopper is going to be.

I guess I should actually finish Half Life 2 before I say anything. Hahaha, sorry about that. I guess I just didn't expect a game to have this feature. You do make lots of good points though and yes I did think of how it might be tough to be tracking multiple helicopters at once, although it seems like alot of fun.

This topic is 3777 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.