my first rpg

Started by
18 comments, last by cyberphreak 16 years, 8 months ago
Gallivan is correct. However, that also doesn't touch on OOD/OOP, which you should learn about. I can't explain OOD/OOP, and I can't recommend a resource for it. Just Google it. It's a difficult concept for some. I'm still trying to grasp the more advanced aspects.

The best way to learn is to do.
http://neolithic.exofire.net
Advertisement
ok thanks for the help...this is only going to be a text game ne way im just trying to get good at the basic stuff then im going to go on to the more advanced stuff...like oo
now i seem to have another problem...i started using msvs05 and my code dosent work any more any ideas why
You'll have to let us know what error you receive or how the game acts when compiled and ran.
sorry, it says

'Sub Main' was not found in 'ConsoleApplication1.Module1',

'If', 'ElseIf', 'Else', 'End If', or 'Const' expected.

Statement cannot appear outside of a method body.

Syntax error.

Declaration expected.

You're trying to compile C++ under a Visual Basic compiler.
[TheUnbeliever]
oh...Any ideas on what i should use???
Quote:Original post by draco_18_69
oh...Any ideas on what i should use???

A C++ compiler and IDE? If you're using the full version of MSVS 2005, this is included (assuming you didn't choose not to install it at install time).

If you're using the free Express Edition, then don't worry, you just clicked the wrong link. It's available here (direct link to net install exe at Microsoft).
[TheUnbeliever]
ok thanks alot
Hiya, just been looking at your code. What you need to do is set up a function for each of the area's that you have. Then when you do the Switch Statement for what you would like to do, perform this function before the break statement.

Also just wondering what the point is of picking a race or class in this game as I cannot see it having any advantage. If you want to do this, you will probably have to create a class for the player, that has private members for a set of stats. That way the Priest will have different stats to say strength than the fighter.

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement