"D3DERR_INVALIDCALL"

Started by
36 comments, last by jollyjeffers 16 years, 8 months ago
I have a problem in SkinInformation.ConvertToIndexedBlendedMesh(...) it gives me exception "D3DERR_INVALIDCALL". This only happens on my other computer with video card Nvidia 7600GT. I want to know what is causing the problem. Any help will be appreciated, thnx.
Advertisement
BUMP!
check this thread:

http://www.gamedev.net/community/forums/topic.asp?topic_id=99984

otherwise, try a stab at [google] to figure out what causes the error.

While you're at it, post the code where the error is thrown.

-me
I tried google before i start this topic. Do you really think it is something related to driver installed that i should i update ?
I updated the driver for my card Nvidia 7600GT and the problem still exists.. I hope someone can help solve the problem, thnx.
BUMP!
Friendly note from your neighbourhood moderator: Please refer to the forum guidelines on bumping threads. You're breaking all of them. This forum is a shared forum for the entire community, and I'd rather I didn't have to start getting grumpy about it [wink]

Try running your code against the reference rasterizer. If it runs fine under the RefRast then yes, the IHV is probably in the wrong; if it fails under the RefRast then your code is wrong and you just got lucky with it working on other hardware.

hth
Jack

<hr align="left" width="25%" />
Jack Hoxley <small>[</small><small> Forum FAQ | Revised FAQ | MVP Profile | Developer Journal ]</small>

Use the debug runtimes. What do they say when you run your app? You should get a proper textual error description.
It seems i got lucky having it working on 2 other computers.. The error comes from this function SkinInformation.ConvertToIndexedBlendedMesh(...) it returns "D3DERR_INVALIDCALL".. what could be the possible reasons ?
Quote:Original post by radiationz
what could be the possible reasons ?
Quote:Original post by Evil Steve
Use the debug runtimes. What do they say when you run your app? You should get a proper textual error description.

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement