Sign in to follow this  

Texture problem

This topic is 3780 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

Hi! I have this problem with the texture: http://img259.imageshack.us/img259/8633/screen0003rj3.jpg the texture files are all dds with 4 mipmaps I use this to load the texture:
D3DXCreateTextureFromFile( _pDevice, d3dxMaterials[i].pTextureFilename, &Textures[i] );
thanks in advance!!

One of the first things I noticed was the text in the upper left hand corner of the screen. The texture for it looks really low quality. Is it supposed to look like that? If not, make sure you haven't got the texture quality settings in your drivers to really low.

To me this looks like a mixture of things. Are you using a tile-map texturing scheme? It looks like the grass is blending into the concrete and the concrete is blending into the grass. If these are on the same texture, it's not difficult to see why this is happening. Try increasing your anisotropic filtering quality. Best thing would be to keep from splitting apart a same texture. You could opt to not use mip-map levels, you'll get texture swimming but it also might decrease the nasty blending. Of course, this will only help if you are doing tile-mapping type stuff/same-texture >_>....

Hope this helps,
Stephen Timothy Cooney

hi!
thanks in advance for the reply!
where I can find a clear sample to use the textures in the correct way??

about the text is strange... in another pc looks like ok, here is aliased

thanks

This topic is 3780 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.