Sign in to follow this  

D3DADAPTER_IDENTIFIER9, DeviceID Tables?

This topic is 3774 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

Well aren't you on the know, :D that's exactly why we need it (hack around dodgy hardware)!!

If anyone has been following my posts, they'd know I've been trying to implement NVidia specific MS anti-aliasing methods into DirectX.

This must be compatible with all NVidia cards (5+). I've also learned that NVidia anti-aliasing can be traced along each series of NVidia cards. I know how to program AA for each series of card as well, I just need to know what series of card I'm currently mapping for.

:)

The NVidia control panel allows you to see what card adapter is being used in a text representation, but parsing through that will be a lot harder than using DeviceIDs. Also, when we move in ATI methods, I may (dunno yet) need to know what ati card is being used.

Hey everyone,

I kept scouring the net and bounced upon NVidia's deviceid list. Sweet! Only 5billion cards to string in XD. I thought I'd bounce it off to you guys as well.

http://www.pcidatabase.com/vendor_details.php?id=606

:)
Stephen Timothy Cooney

Getting this information is tricky at best - you can find the odd partial list, but there isn't a definite, complete and up-to-date list for all GPU's freely available. If you have good relations with AMD, Intel and Nvidia you could probably get this info from the DevRel teams.

The ConfigSystem contains a useful file with some vendor/device ID's: \Samples\C++\Direct3D\ConfigSystem\config.txt. Failing that you'd probably be best relying on the string returned via D3DADAPTER_IDENTIFIER9...

hth
Jack

This topic is 3774 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.