Sign in to follow this  

Who is working on novel concepts?

This topic is 3777 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

I think my favorite designer must be Will Wright at Maxis. I'm not as smart, but I have a similar level of passion for what he does. The man doesn't work inside of a box. Being fresh out of college and having experienced a corporate environment, I find myself asking if the game industry is a better fit for my interests. However, there are fewer design jobs out there now, and they work differently than before. I would give anything to work with the masterminds like Will, but I really don't see any paths to that sort of thing. Where does one find a realistic mentor of that sort? Work at a small startup?

There is also always the risk of setting off on your own with your own startup company. Get a few friends together, save up some money, bug your governments for some startup funding, and release some small games. Xbox Live Arcade looks like a good goal for newer startup companies.

This topic is 3777 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.