looking to make simple indie Game

Started by
6 comments, last by Gallivan 16 years, 8 months ago
Well Hi im new here and i want to make simple indie Game like in bigfish games website so which one i choose ::- 1-DarkBasic pro 2-Gamemaker 3-Torque game engine 4-Game stduio A7 and im in next 2 months i will enter the college Computer and Information Systems Department In Cairo So i will learn there :- Programming using C Computer Networks Artificial Intelligence Differentiating Drawings and Shapes Systems Analysis and Design Object Oriented Programming Network Systems Design Data Security Audio Dealing plus directx and Open gl ((i put the subject that are related to game makeing)0 so Iwant to make a simple Games in the long way at the same time studying this subjects So Thanks To everyone Who Comments and Help in advance
Advertisement
Any game takes time and work to accomplish. As such I recommend downloading the trials of these various software programs and using the one that you like the most.

There is also PyGame and XNA as other free choices if you are more interested in the programming aspects of things.

[opinion]At this point I would not recommend C++ (Although other people might). C++ just has too many pitfalls to be used by a beginner and really it shouldn't be used unless there are no other options. I say this as someone who has used C++ for many years..[/opinion]
shadowisadog Im very Gratefull to your reply Thank you

At this point I would not recommend C++

Well im not looking forward to work in Game industry

Hey Guys you can suggest commercial game engines too
i Have the Budget

Again Thanks shadowisadog For your reply
To make simple games i highly recommend Game Maker 7.
I'm a novice C++ programmer, wanting to succeed and learn. If you ever want to be my friend or just talk add me.MSN IM: hazardx_anime@hotmail.com
Well thanks for the reply
maybe i will go with darkbasic looking to make a small rts game in 3D
I agree with everyone else, learning C++ as your first langauge is hard; it's a very powerful language, but can be very hard to use. I'm a 3rd year university student that worked as a programmer before university and I still occasionally get stumped by some obscure 'feature' of C++. If i was in your position i would go with pygame, its written in python which I find is the simplest and nicest language to program in.
MrMark
Im going to learn c++ anyway in the Future
but pygame is there are anygood tutorial for it i mean plenty of it
well i said darkbasic becuase there are book for it but 3d game A7 doesn't have any
Work your way through this:

http://docs.python.org/tut/tut.html

When you begin to understand most of its concepts (loops, functions, lists/dicts, etc.) you can probably take a look into pyGame. I noticed that I was ready for pyGame when I began to fully understand loops and think about how they could be used in a game.

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement