FPS-RPG game idea

Started by
2 comments, last by Dekasa 16 years, 8 months ago
Wouldn't it be cool if there was a game that involved humans being controlled by a strange blue glowing mineral that grafts into the ribcage? I'm presently working on a game code-named Project Arcanism. The storyline (so far...) is that in the year 1924, a group of miners in America were searching for gold. Upon digging into a seam of gold, they found a blue,strangely glowing mineral. Not knowing what it was, they started to bring some up to the surface. As the mineral was subjected to sunlight, it reacted and grafted itself into the miners, sapping them of their humanity, whilst giving them superhuman strength and aggression. The other miners didn’t know about it until it was too late; the infected miners blasted the tunnel shut, forcing everybody trapped to go back underground. The event was covered up until World War 2, when the government started funding research about the powerful mineral they named Arcanium. The second world war was ended due to the world-first military soldiers being exposed to a stabler, more powerful, type of Arcanium. It is now the year 2112, when ordinary humans have been allowed to use arcanium for their own uses.Arcanium has become more and more refined, strengthening its properties. It is now a powerful commodity, and military leaders around the world have been using the most powerful arcanium to make their weapons, and their selves, stronger and faster.But nobody has discovered yet that arcanium has a flaw. People are going to be in trouble. soon. At the beginning the player wakes up inside a hospital/lab. There is no indication of why they are there at the moment... the player goes through a hallway, where there are two unlocked doors and a locked one on the right of the player. upon nearing the door, the player hears a gnawing sound, then a snap. click here for an image of the layout of one of my levels Like the idea??? email me at aross106@eq.edu.au i'm also recruiting for help on the game, so you can click here for even more info on the game!!! [Edited by - arcanwarrior on August 13, 2007 10:15:32 PM]
Advertisement
If you want my honest opinion, I like the whole "giving them super abilities" thing. But the lizard thing is going a little too out there for me.
---------------------------------------- There's a steering wheel in my pants and it's drivin me nuts
I don't see anything original tbh superhuman stuff is oolld. I noticed the title of this post was FPS-RPG, maybe develop on this more? Until you start talking about how the game is going to play, there isn't much to go off. Game design without game is just a short story.

Also, this isn't the recruitment thread.

Edit: I just read the previous time you posted this, same feedback:

Quote:You have somehow managed to combine not enough information we need to understand anything about the game outside of the backstory, with information that noone will need untill WAY later in the design document.. honestly.. I have never seen that done before

The point being made there (and here) is that we need more idea of what the player is going to be doing throughout the game. I'll demonstrate this with....Halflife.

What you're doing: Aliens invade a government facility when an experiment goes wrong. Soon the military are called in to destroy all the evidence. But who will save earth from the impending threat?
Ie. you're advertising the story as the product, rather than mentioning "Game Design" at all.

What you need to do: The player will be a scientist in a government facility trying to escape after it is overrun by aliens. First person shooter, with a variety of weapons, mostly firearms. The player will have to escape the facility and it's military, before travelling to the alien world to take down the leader.
This time round, you're describing some of how the game will be played, and a general plot-line for the whole game, not just the introduction.

[Edited by - xSynapse on August 13, 2007 6:29:33 PM]
Sounds great, I love superhuman stuff, especially, though, I like FPS RPGs, there are very few, but excellent ideas. Look at Deus Ex if you haven't, though, for me, it's the defining line of excellence. Another thing, that goes with your idea of some inanimate thing becoming part of human, making them stronger but sapping humanity is the book Prey, by Michael Crighton (sp). I know it's about nanobots, but the concept is very similar.

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement