Sign in to follow this  
Kevan

Sundren Online

Sundren is a 2D, online role-playing game which has been in development since late 2004 - early 2005. It's currently being programmed (and just about everything else) by yours truly in C++/Allegro and will released for Windows, for now anyway. The official web site can be found here! You can also join the forums by clicking here or through the site. Comments, constructive criticism, and questions are all welcome! [Edited by - Kevan on October 1, 2007 8:01:00 AM]

Thanks for the input!

Quote:

I get a file not found on your website when I try to view other screenshots.

That's strange. I had that happen before, but I thought it was fixed since I can view them fine now. Is everyone having the same problem?

Edit:

Try again. I downloaded a nifty little plugin for viewing thumbnails which I think is better then what I had before.

[Edited by - Kevan on August 14, 2007 1:45:57 AM]

Hi

Just want to come with a few comments [smile]
Overall I think it looks great with the color scheme and I like the artwork, but I think the proportions are weird. How big are the characters going to be? If the houses should keep having the size that we see on the screen shots then at least some of the trees should be bigger. If the trees should be bigger then the small crops of land just of the coast should be bigger IMO. It is kind of hard to relate to when there is no characters which I presume will be standard human height, so my reference point are the doors of the houses.

One thing I would like to see was if you could create some kind of shadow effect along the house, just to enhance the illusion of depth.

Keep on coding [wink]

Hello thallish,

Thank you, and good observation. At this point I have yet to get any final characters made (I can't draw/make people) so I've been having to make do with "borrowed" ones for testing. Characters in Sundren will be roughly the same size and angle as the main character from Soul Blazer.

I think hes a pretty decent reference to go by since hes the only thing I could find that can fit under the damned arch I put on the doors. As for the shadow effect, that is already something I intended on adding later on, along with maybe water reflection.