class EnemyShip: public Ship
{
public:
	Wait laserwait(LASER_RELOAD_SPEED);//Line 648
	Wait missilewait(MISSILE_RELOAD_SPEED);
…
…
…
and I when I compile, I get the error messages: …main.h(648) : error C2061: syntax error : identifier 'LASER_RELOAD_SPEED' …main.h(649) : error C2061: syntax error : identifier 'MISSILE_RELOAD_SPEED' Even though I clearly define those const int’s at the top of the page
const int LASER_RELOAD_SPEED = 200; //1000 = 1 second
const int MISSILE_RELOAD_SPEED = 300; //1000 = 1 second
and I get another error message: …level.h(99) : error C2228: left of '.Done' must have class/struct/union
…
…
if (EnemyShipArray[i].laser_speed_regulator == Inactive && EnemyShipArray[i].laserwait.Done()) //Line 99
{
…
…
Where “i” is an int bwtween 0 and 15 in a for loop. I don’t understand how such clearly defined items can be error messaged (woo just made that up). This is bothering me more than it should, as in I shouldn't be up at 2am on a school night working on a space shooter. Thank you so much in advance for helping me. Tell me if you need more code.

Okay, here goes.

1. You're using constants in function declarations
I'm not really sure what you're trying to do here. If you have two different functions, there's not really any need to have two different wait values. Conversely, if you only have one wait function (weapon_wait(), for example), then you can pass it many different values. LASER_RELOAD_SPEED is basically the number 200, which means you're writing "Wait laserwait(200);". That's how you call functions, not declare them.

2. You've just missed some parenthesis -> ()
Change that line to if (EnemyShipArray[i].laser_speed_regulator == Inactive && EnemyShipArray[i].laserwait().Done()), and you should be set.

Come back to us if you have any more problems.

In C++, initialization of member variables is done in the initialization lists. In short:

class EnemyShip: public Ship
{
public:
Wait laserwait;
Wait missilewait;

EnemyShip() :
laserwait(LASER_RELOAD_SPEED),
missilewait(MISSILE_RELOAD_SPEED)
{}
};