Sign in to follow this  
Zipster

[DX10] Bad colors when rendering text (ID3DX10Font)

This is what I get when I try to render text using ID3DX10Font. Some of the letters are darker than the others, but there isn't any rhyme or reason to it (for reference, 'D', 'E', and 'B' are the proper color). For instance not all 'U's or 'G's render with the same darkness on all text, and some text is perfectly fine. What I did notice is that the darkness is consistent from frame to frame, and when the color changes - if I use white instead of yellow, I still get the same darkness in the same areas of the text. I recently discovered that if I resize the window so that the vertical resolution and text size (which scales with resolution) is below some threshold, all the text renders properly, but once the text reaches a certain size it goes nuts again. Has anyone seen something like this before? It's kinda holding up our DX10 port, heh :)

Can you reproduce this via the D3D10 samples in the SDK? Off the top of my head I think they use ID3DX10Font, albeit abstracted via CDXUTFont (or similar).

I was getting some ugly aliasing issues last time I used ID3DX10Font, but I've not seen any colour distortion.

Two simple checks: Same with the RefRast? and any debug-layer messages?

hth
Jack

Quote:
Original post by jollyjeffers
Can you reproduce this via the D3D10 samples in the SDK? Off the top of my head I think they use ID3DX10Font, albeit abstracted via CDXUTFont (or similar).

I was getting some ugly aliasing issues last time I used ID3DX10Font, but I've not seen any colour distortion.

Two simple checks: Same with the RefRast? and any debug-layer messages?

hth
Jack

It does the same thing in the reference rasterizer, and there are absolutely no error messages (or warnings, or infos). I'll try to find a good sample and attempt to replicate this. It has something to do with point-sizes above a certain value.