Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Guest Anonymous Poster

Quick, but dumb question...

This topic is 6584 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

Yes, Half-life uses 3d-studio models.
But if you are making a simpler game with, lets say 2d/iso view, you can first make a
small picture out of it first, then add it to your game (a.k.a. a sprite)

Hope that i've helped!

Yes, Half-life uses 3d-studio models.
But if you are making a simpler game with, lets say 2d/iso view, you can first make a
small picture out of it first, then add it to your game (a.k.a. a sprite)

Hope that i've helped!

If you mean can it create the graphics of a person walking or the picture on a wall in a doom game, then yes it can.

If you mean can it create the 3D points and triangles used in a game like Quake to render as the space the user walks around in, then yes it can do that also.

Pretty cool program.

Guest Anonymous Poster
Alright... well, could I make a 3d character in 3d studio max, then use that 3d character in the game, as the main character (which would be controlled by the user)? That'd be cool... because, I'm making a 2d RPG (in the same style of Suikoden, FF3, Wild Arms ect.) and I was wondering if this was a good program to use for this particular game...

a while back I bought 2 big-arse books on MAX, and learned the basics. So, I guess they came in handy, huh!

===
MaX

Guest Anonymous Poster
Alright... well, could I make a 3d character in 3d studio max, then use that 3d character in the game, as the main character (which would be controlled by the user)? That'd be cool... because, I'm making a 2d RPG (in the same style of Suikoden, FF3, Wild Arms ect.) and I was wondering if this was a good program to use for this particular game...

a while back I bought 2 big-arse books on MAX, and learned the basics. So, I guess they came in handy, huh!

===
MaX

Guest Anonymous Poster
Can 3d Studio Max be used to create the in-game graphics? I'm a newbie (if ya couldn't already tell), and I don't know if you could or not...

===
MaX