Sign in to follow this  

[SOLVED] Point Sprites Clipped When Center Is Barely Offscreen

This topic is 3775 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

When the center of a point sprite is just barely offscreen, the entire point sprite is clipped away. Shouldn't the guard band keep this from happening. The D3DRS_CLIPPING render state is TRUE. Everything else is supposed to be automatic. Which of my assumptions is wrong? Thanks. [Edited by - blaze02 on August 15, 2007 6:02:57 PM]

Just check the D3DPMISCCAPS_CLIPPLANESCALEDPOINTS bit of the PrimitiveMiscCaps of your D3DCAPS9.

The new ATI 2900 HD does not correctly clip scaled points, so I'm guessing none of the ATI cards do this correctly. Is there any way to enable it? or do very few cards support it?

It may be too much overhead to disable point scaling and calculate the point size on the CPU.

I had another problem with the caps if anybody could help. I can't figure out how to get MaxPointSize (from the D3DCAPS9) into pixels. NVIDIA cards like to return 8192. How does that compute to max point size? ATI likes to return 64, 128 or 256, so I was assuming it would always be size in pixels.

Thanks for any help.

This topic is 3775 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.