So what's YOUR idea?

Started by
31 comments, last by Humble Hobo 16 years, 7 months ago
my idea is a game that is space and planet based. In space, you play a sort of RTS/Empire Earth II war plan thing to set up your units for an attack, and then, you go down as a commander in an FPS and can pull out a command menu at anytime to control other units!
Advertisement
Quote:Original post by Humble Hobo
Many people in this forum have a secret treasure... some brilliant idea we wish was our 'ticket into the industry.'

Who knows, it might be something epic and crazy. It might just be sticking with the industry standard and making a lot of small improvements. Either way, I get the impression that we've all got some happy dream of a game in our heads.

If it's too good of an idea to share, that's fine, but If there's one thing I found out here, it's that no Idea is 100% never thought of before. Even if you don't have your 100 page design document done, just share the jist of it.

My Idea, as I mentioned in my other post: Consumable Content - The MMO that is constantly changing due to procedurally generated content. Plot generation and more social NPCs. And if that's not crazy enough: No combat. Yeah, it's going to be friggin hard to do, but it's my dream.

Everyone's got some prize idea in their head.
So, what's your idea?

The non-repeating world is something Ive been looking into for years and by using templates and combinatorics you could create a system that might work.
You would also need a large enough set of resources (many renewable, others recycleable) )in the world so that the players wouldnt run out.

Add onto that scheme : Allowing the players to create content for the game (well vetted of course) to provide a constantly expanding set of templates to generate the world sutuations (quest generation, new locations, new NPC behaviors, etc...) to continually provide situations the player have never seen before.

The problem will be that proper tools would be needed to create/debug the massive number of scripts+datasets needed )both initially and doubly for players to use. Such tools would be as big a project as the game system itself.

--------------------------------------------[size="1"]Ratings are Opinion, not Fact
Yeah, it would be agony to develop, let alone balance.

But if it could be done properly, it would be awesome!

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement