Sign in to follow this  

Finite Element Analysis [plz feedback]

This topic is 3771 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

I'm trying to fit the FE dynamics onto games. It's not that much of computations, so I was wondering why it's not used that much.. Ok, now to the real problem. The smallest element I am going to be considering is the triangle. It's attributes are: (considering that its points are a, b and c) ab in length, ac as a vector in the basis {ab, -perp(ab)}, and the masses of each point of the triangle. This allows to determine axial strains in x and y direction, in addition to shear strain. This requires the current state of the triangle's points in the same basis as above. Once those strains are determined, I am supposed to determine stresses, integrate along the triangle's edges and apply to the triangle points. However, the only way I know how to do that applies only to systems in equilibrium (using the Cauchy principle).. How can I extend that to dynamic systems? [edit] Is there a problem with my question, if something is unclear, i can provide additional info, but i donno what at the moment... [Edited by - arithma on August 15, 2007 5:31:31 AM]

This topic is 3771 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.