• Advertisement
Sign in to follow this  
laserbeak43

ddutil.h nowhere to be found

This topic is 4021 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

hi, i'm doing a project from this book from about 2000. and it's calling for ddutil.h but it's nowhere to be found on my system. i have visualstudio 2005 with the platform sdk, and i also have DX SDK(a 2007 release) but the file is stil missing. i've searched my whole system for it. anyone have any ideas?

Advertisement
Google is your friend: Link.

EDIT: Here's the corresponding cpp file.

I would recommend that you stop using DirectDraw as it is deprecated and needlessly difficult to use. Instead, try something like SDL or Allegro. Even if your book uses DDraw, you can translate the code to another API without much difficulty, and it can be a good exercise to see if you understand the core concepts that the book covers.

thanks a lot :)
yeah i do plan to start an SDL book i'm just finishing the last project in this book since i swore to finish it years ago :P

Sign in to follow this  

• Advertisement

Important Information

By using GameDev.net, you agree to our community Guidelines, Terms of Use, and Privacy Policy.

We are the game development community.

Whether you are an indie, hobbyist, AAA developer, or just trying to learn, GameDev.net is the place for you to learn, share, and connect with the games industry. Learn more About Us or sign up!

Sign me up!