Sign in to follow this  
Lonefox1

Missing CD from Ultimate game programming with DirectX?

Hi guys, i just purchased Ultimate game programming with DirectX brand new from amazon.co.uk however there doesnt appear to be a CD included with the book. There is no sort of sleeve or anything in the back of the book or anything else to suggest there was a CD. Where is the CD usually located in the book and is there anyway to download the material for the CD online anywhere? any help appreciated. Si.

If by "brand new" you mean from the "used & new" section, then it's likely someone removed the sleeve and the CD and gave you just the book--have to read the fine printing on non-refundable orders like that.

If it's really new, as in direct from Amazon with no middle-man, then it's likely that the book simply didn't get one, meaning you should return and exchange it for another with a complaint--CD is usually on the front or back cover in a plastic sleeve, though I've seen them put it in the middle before, and sometimes they bundle it on the outside of the book using shrink-wrap.

You probably won't be able to find a place to acquire the CD alone.

From one of the commentsHere:
Quote:
The Bad :
- The code included on the CD-ROM doesn't always
match the code covered in the text.
Implies that there should indeed be a CD ROM with the book.

It was direct from amazon not a new and used seller, ive been in contact with amazon there thankfully going to send me a replacement. It must have just not been inluded when it was at production or sumthing O_o

Cheers,
Si