concepts. I wanted to make a game like Ultima
VIII Pagan with heavy reliance on esoterism,
magic and such. I have many different jumbled
ideas, you see I meantion Virtual Worlds, Magical
Role playing games, and games focused on contemplation
however that doesn't mean that I am stupid like
you are trying to imply. It just mean I can create a
whole array of different products. And some may be
more commercial or original than others.
Advertisement
Quote:Chris B wrote:
This sounds like a good idea and could help people to get into a relaxed/meditative state.
But apart from that, what you'r talking about is pretty damn interesting and hints to the future of input devices. Always since Atari's dubious Mindlink controller I've been psyched about the idea to influence a game with just the power of ones mind, but that still sounds utopic to me.

So is there any commercial device that does something like this, or are there any immidiate plans to release such a controller?

Brainwave technology has been around (along with working computer interfaces for such devices) since the early 70's, as evidenced by IVBA Technologies. Although its reception by mainstream industries over the years seems to have been lukewarm at best.

Anyhoo, i've found the idea of walking around in, and interacting with strange artistic environments has always been an interesting idea (although i found Myst's slideshow horrendously boring). Though i suppose this ties into the desire to have less violent (or non-violent) FP environments/interactive Novella to explore rather than the fragfests that dominate the market.

BTW: That Falling Sand Game is cool. ^^

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement