Sign in to follow this  
BinaryAlgorithm

Job Mobility - Data Modeling?

My interests and abilities right now are leading me toward data modeling and related positions (financial analyst perhaps too). Most of my personal projects have to do with collecting, analyzing, and forcasting information, though I have a particular fascination with AI and complex systems in general. I like simulations and many types of design tasks (anything where there is learning really). Data modeling for business purposes should be interesting, but I am also thinking about how those skills might be applicable in the games industry for future career development. If I had several years of experience with data modeling and system design, what kind of jobs could I expect to qualify for in the games industry? (ex., game mechanics design)

Unfortunately, I don't think the games industry cares too much about data mining and related techniques. Personally, I find this type of AI much more interesting than the type of "AI" usually employed in games.

Also, I don't see how any of this is related to game mechanics design. It isn't even really related to game AI, where developers usually prefer than no actual learning takes place.