Newbie Question - need help...

Started by
5 comments, last by IOStream 22 years, 12 months ago
Real quick and simple (just starting also...): how do you create a .h file?
Advertisement
quote:Original post by IOStream

Real quick and simple (just starting also...): how do you create a .h file?

From your IDE you select File/New, select header file. If your IDE doesn''t have an option to create a header, you simply create a new blank file and save it with the ".h" extension. In your header file, you only put function declaration and not complete functions. That''s why you also create a ".cpp" file that will hold the implementations of the function in your header file. You add the ".cpp" file to the project and you include the ".h" in the main ".cpp" file( ie: the one that has the WinMain or Main ).

"And that''s the bottom line cause I said so!"

Cyberdrek
Headhunter Soft
A division of DLC Multimedia

Resist Windows XP''s Invasive Production Activation Technology!
[Cyberdrek | ]
Why am i getting this error?

C:\DEV-C_~1\BIN\windres: C:\\WINDOWS\\PROFILES\\NAME\\DESKTOP\\^_^\\C__~1\\TWGPG\\RSRC.RC:3: parse error
Resource files are hell with Dev C++. Use the wizards instead. If you did not use a resource file, go to Project->Edit Resource File and delete it all. Hope this helps!
***We were all beginners once, don't forget that...***
Yeah, they are. I juse use VC++ to make the resource file then the script in Dev C++ calls it and its just like it belongs to Dev. It works
just out of curiosity: is there any reason why you are using Dev-C++ as your IDE/Compiler and MSVC as a resource editor?
Hah, I knew that was going to come up: its just I am more familiar with Dev C++ than VC++ - I just like Dev better I guess. I relatively use both at different times.

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement