How to find base memory address of a program?

Started by
6 comments, last by LostLogic 19 years, 12 months ago
Does anyone know how to find the base memory space for a program? For example, there are utilities for Asheron''s Call that read a memory offset from the application space to find your player''s co-ordinates. I am wanting to be able to find memory values for a program''s space to read data from it directly. Any help would be much appreciated! LostLogic www.lostlogic.com webmaster@lostlogic.com

LostLogicwww.GamerOutfit.comXBox 360 Community Games Reviews and NewsExisled - 2D/3D Shooter for XBox 360

Advertisement
Stuff like GameHack2.0 and Magic Trainer Creater shows the address of a program. If you are using Windows, C:\WINDOWS\TASKMAN.EXE might help:-)!!

You think... Therefore, I'm right!

Edited by - SpooKsta on April 21, 2001 7:13:15 PM
You think... Therefore, I'm right!
i got a program called artmoney u can download it from www.artmoney.ru
ReadProcessMemory. Base address is pretty much always 0x400000 ATM, but you can get that with VirtualQueryEx to be safe.
E8 17 00 42 CE DC D2 DC E4 EA C4 40 CA DA C2 D8 CC 40 CA D0 E8 40E0 CA CA 96 5B B0 16 50 D7 D4 02 B2 02 86 E2 CD 21 58 48 79 F2 C3
who the hell necro''ed this post???

Beginner in Game Development?  Read here. And read here.

Wow 3 years! That''s gotta be a new gamedev record!
Sadly, it''s not. Although I must admit that an anonymous 3yo necro to *advertise a web site* is pretty bad.
Number of posts talking about the necro > number of posts actually discussing the topic since the necro => thread closed.

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement