Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Livecoma

How long did it take you to grasp programming?

Only recently after reading countless tutorials multiple times have I begun to really understand how this stuff really works. I guess it took me alot longer because I basically skipped learning C++ doing console apps after getting extreamly discouraged and bored with it! For longest time I thought my programming goals would never be realized because the fundamental stuff was so incredibly boring to me. Furtunatly, I have proven myself wrong, and now I am having fun creating my own graphics. The world of Windows and OpenGL programming has sunk in to the point were I can do my own stuff instead of following tutorials! I am now very motivated to keep advancing to new things, and plan to start a big project soon. My advice to people just starting out is to just STICK TO IT. Learning all the basic C/C++ stuff is the most borring part, and once you grasp how to turn your ideas into code things will get much better. Atleast this is how it was for me! I would also like to extend my gratitude to everybody who contributes to this community. With tutorials or even just friendly advice you help is most welcomed. THANK YOU!

Hmm...inspiring. I managed to muddle my way through all of the Win32 console App tutorials (except that I did many of them as Win16 EasyWin apps in Borland C++...) but haven''t managed to get much further than that because I haven''t had time. But my congradulations to you...that first step is really the biggest.

WNDCLASSEX Reality;
Reality.lpfnWndProc=ComputerGames;
RegisterClassEx(&Reality);

Unable to register Reality...what''s wrong?
---------
Dan Upton
Lead Designer
WolfHeart Software