So you want a new career, huh? (RPG)

Started by
13 comments, last by Wavinator 23 years ago
Hey, I was working on an rpg like this (inspired by Harvest Moon) a while ago and I got a pretty good list of suggestions from several people. I''ll add the ones I can remember to this list:

Job Advisor: People come in and you talk to them and tell them what job they should do. This could be cool because you amy advise someone to be a merchant, and later you may end up shopping at their store!

Transportation: The middleman. You take peoples goods from one place to another, and keep some of the profit, along with tips. Or, you could be like a taxi driver, taking people different places

Education: You could run a school! Doing the actual teaching may be hard to work into gameplay, but managing it, hiring teachers, buying books etc would be really cool

Scientist: Do different experiments with things, don''t know how this would work, just an idea

Archeologist: Sort of like adventuring, but instead of trying to defeat mr. evil bad guy, you just explore ruins and examine and study artifacts from different places

I think there were more, but I don''t remember them
Advertisement
LOL! I was going to say Pimp, but it slipped my mind until 5 mins after I had posted . I would like to see ''builder'' or ''architect'' as well, because creating new places in the game world would be really useful. It would mean that you have a dynamic world with all the benefits, while still limiting what can be done and where

-Chris Bennett of Dwarfsoft - The future of RPGs
Thanks to all the goblins over in our little Game Design Corner niche
street pharmacist?
oh wait, drug dealer''s already been mentioned
Just an add-on note:

Every job should probably have some element of risk, no?

I was going to say that people probably prefer jobs that let them be bad (hence the "street pharmacist" posts ). But this is probably more an interest in the riskier aspects of life than just wanting to be shady.

--------------------
Just waiting for the mothership...
--------------------Just waiting for the mothership...
I was also considering that... But I agree that it is probably just for the element of risk. And wouldn''t it be cool to be the first person to open a nightclub in a Fantasy RPG? ... That is something I have my sights set on

-Chris Bennett of Dwarfsoft - The future of RPGs
Thanks to all the goblins over in our little Game Design Corner niche

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement