Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

fastest way of drawing tiles in 3d?..

This topic is 6080 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

hi all, my game is coming along very nicely, a terrain, heightmaps, everything going fine, and its tile based. ive added the functionallity of a scale of the tiles. say a tile, can (at the max) be split into 25 other tiles, each with its own height and details. at the moment, im drawing quads (pics at the bottom) for each tile, from the first scale (1 per tile) to the 4th (25 quads per tile) in order to cull effeciantly, have a grid of bytes (1 and 0) and work out a square around the player, and then essentially floodfill it (but draw the face im filling) this works very well, i only draw a few tiles behind me (that arent visible) lots in front, instead of doing a general large radius of (for x=playerx;x this is the low quality scale (each a quad) and runs veyr smoothly :] this is the same location, not zoomed out as much, but on the highest quality tiles. this is the same thing again, but with quadstrips. i cant find any real documentation on it, and i cant work out why it doesnt work either :] but, the framerate *is* increased. (next to highest scale) __________________ graham "red" reeves. red@deadpenguin.org www.deadpenguin.org