Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Astan

Some Questions

Hi I hope my questions won''t seem to be too stupid. How to add a bsp level in Landscape Studio?? I get a duplicate error by starting 3ds max 4 (prout.dle). How to fix this?? How to scale objects in Landscape Studio?? Is there any way to remove water from your bsp building''s underground?? mfg Daniel

I had the duplicate error in max too. There were two plugins that were the same thing but different filenames. If you remove one of them from the plugins directory it will go away.

To scale an object, select it then rick click on it. Choose properties, orientation and type in your scale values. You can also change the default scale for an object in the object manager. To change the default scale every time you load the project, you''ll need to edit the .ls file.

Getting a BSP level into lstudio is pretty easy. First convert it, then copy the .pbs file to the lstudio\bin\packages directory. Copy the textures from q3convert\leveltex to lstudio\bin\leveltex as well. Load up lstudio and add the .pbs package to your level. Now you can use it like a regular object.

Chris

Hi

Do I have to extract all files for q3convert??
What about models used in the map and all the entities?

mfg
Daniel

You need textures from the models directories too.

The easiest way is to extract everything, and then search for *.md3 and delete all those since you don''t need them.

I also went in \maps and moved *.bsp back a directory so the converter can find them.

The identifier prefix is needed if you load in more than one BSP object at a time. This will be added to the lightmap texture names so they are unique.

The lightmaps are taken from the BSP file. PR doesn''t create them for you. Using 32 bit in the converter doesn''t affect the file created. If your desktop is in 32 bit then you should choose it.

Chris