Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Allursys

PR All in one API?

Hi, I looked through here and the PowerRender homepage to see if there was any support in PowerRender to do a 2D based game. Just wanted to see if the API had support to do either 2D or 3D based gaming. I know it has 3D support, but would like to know either from Chris, or any other users of PowerRender, if a 2D game, either tile based or isometric is supported with this API. Thanks. I am just a hobbyist who would like to dabble in game programming and would just like an all in one API. Sam C --------------- Allursys http://www.allursys.com

No offense, but 2D is pretty damned easy -- relatively... it''s a 3D API (Power *Renderer*) so I dont see 2D happening here. It is possible to make 2D like stuff in 3D however..

No offense taken!

Thanks for the info. I haven''t delved into programming 2D or 3D, yet. However, as a hobbyist, someone looking not into making money or making the latest and greatest game, I just wanted more bang for the buck :-)

However, I''ll look into writing a 2D program, and get back to you within the next week and let you know if it was easy :-) My background has been in writing business applications using Visual C++ and Visual Basic with a SQL backend and writing nTier architecture around it. I know that doesn''t seem to compare with the complexity that is involved with game programming, and in no way am I saying that it would be easy...If it was I would have been programming something I damn well enjoyed years ago.

Sam C
---------------
Allursys
http://www.allursys.com

quote:
My background has been in writing business applications using Visual C++ and Visual Basic with a SQL backend and writing nTier architecture around it.

my eyes just glazed over...