opengl book questions

Started by
6 comments, last by omegasyphon 22 years, 12 months ago
ok out of the following 3 books that im aware of which is the best one to get for a beginner. opengl superbible , opengl bluebook, opengl redbook what are the pros and cons of each
Advertisement
I would say SuperBible, but you should also read Nehes, tutorials. You should also be able to make a fully done 2d game, with everything in it, before you move to 3d. All of those books are good, (the blue book is a reference).
bad!
The Superbible is pretty good, just make sure you get the "Second Edition"...it''s got a plane thingy on the front cover...

I also HIGHLY recommend the Red Book...the Red Book is the bible for OpenGL IMHO..

hth,
Wazoo
Learn about game programming!Games Programming in C++: Start to Finish
any other good net tutorial except Nehe??? I would really need not just one but at least five...
I have the OpenGL Superbible, and it is a good book if you''re just jumping into 3D. But, of course, there ARE some sections that leave a lot of things unexplained, which can be frustrating. I''m sure you''ll get that with any book though since OpenGL is such a broad topic.

I would get that book, though. You will definately want to find yourself a copy of the OpenGL Official Manual (RedBook) and the OpenGL Official Reference (Bluebook). You can find both of those in electronic versions for free online if you look. If you have those, you can look up things that the Superbible doesn''t make clear.

One thing about the Superbible... it isn''t bound very well (my copy isn''t, anyway) and the pages are trying to fall out.
My SuperBible is fine (both as a reference and in binding )... I also recommend the superbible, and pretty much with everything people above said.

My pages haven''t fallen out, so maybe it is just your handling of the whole thing? I try not to bend the spine at all, I like taking care of my books COuld that be it?

-Chris Bennett of Dwarfsoft - The future of RPGs Thanks to all the goblins in the GDCorner niche
well thats good to hear. hopefully amazon has shipped already and it will be here in a couple of days. course i did order a book during the holidays and told them expedience shipment but it took about a weak longer then it was supposed to. but thats a bit off the topic
You mean I''m not supposed to bend the covers back and forth as far as I can repeatedly?!? ;-)

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement