D3DXIntersect

Started by
0 comments, last by Ghallo 23 years ago
Under the def of D3DXIntersect it has the following: pDist [out] Pointer to a ray intersection parameter distance. WTF?!?! I consider myself a smart fellow... but is this English? At first I thought this meant simply the distance from the start of the ray to the intersection point... but it''s not! If I place the ray at 0,1,0 and have a mesh edge at 0,0,0 with the target at 0,-100,0 ... the the result is .00somthing ...? I thought maybe it is the percentage of the differance, but that seems to be off too (ever so subtly). If someone could tell me how to use this function! I''ve looked high and low, but I cannot find any examples. Hmmm... Ghallo
Advertisement
FINALLY!!!

SOMEBODY ELSE IN THE WORLD HAS SEEN THE LIFE-SAVING D3DXINTERSECT FUNCTION!!!!

IM NOT CRAZY!!!

enough with the cheers. i have also been playing with this function alot lately. I can''t get any numbers to come up with that baby little own incorrect ones.

i would say you aren''t doing it right because that is the qwhole purpose of that function (colision detection and Y-Correction)

if you could give me your code for that function (EVERYTHING from the variable creations please), I could work with it and tell you what i''ve found.

My ICQ is 34740195 (im always on) if you want to reach me.
"This is stupid. I can't believe this! Ok, this time, there really IS a bug in the compiler."... 20 mins pass ..."I'M AN IDIOT!!!"

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement