04.00 THE BASIC GAME TEMPLATE

Started by
3 comments, last by Teej 22 years ago
This section of the forum is the official ‘starting point’ for our adventures in game development. As a prerequisite, I’ve asked that everyone successfully make their way through the Ladder series so that we’re all starting on the same foot. This is a very important series; perhaps the most important that will ever be on this forum. Think about it – as of this moment, you don’t need to know a single thing about game development whatsoever. It’s just like the first day of class, and we’re about to open our textbooks…whatever happens from this moment forward is completely under your control. This forum promises great things, and demands great things as well. Only with true enthusiasm, effort and determination will either of us amount to anything in this endeavor, so I’m taking this opportunity, much like a gatekeeper at the gates of some mysterious land, to welcome you and wish you well on your journey. You are two clicks away from starting the Hands-On Interactive Game Development Tutorial.
Advertisement
Im brand new to the GameDev scene, i dont know a lot about this but i am willing to learn, i can map rather efficantly and am leaning towards making my own games with othret people, unfortunatly i have no idea where to start.

i have a basic understandin on where to start, with design docs and al that, but i want to know how to physicly implement these ideas, for instance after i have an ned and doc''s do i need to make and .exe file before i can start anythin?, i am not sure at all.

i understand that u all probably get this question or somthing like i t each and every day, but i really want to do this and would aprecate any help at all, if u can help me either reply to this post,

or e-mail me at amesis@mail.com
I have been up reading the forums for the past three hours and wxcited about what i am going to learn... I am very much so drowsy and dont know If I can stay for another minute///very exited th9ough
Hello i am 14 and i dont have much programming experience and i have a love for games and i would love to make them my mom said when i get to be 18 i can go to Full Sail in florida but i would like to learn how to program games right not or soon can someone please tell me a web site/book that has the neccisary C syntax that will help me to learn how to Program in windows and some of the function in game development.

thank you
Ed Tullin
AKA
Phr0zenFlame

Phr0zen, try "Tricks of the Windows Game Programming Gurus" by Andre Lamothe.

I am always open to feedback, positive or negative...

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement