Sign in to follow this  

Galactic Front: Multiplayer Flash Game

This topic is 3732 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

http://datroof.castwide.com/galactic-front/ Galactic Front is a multiplayer space shooter where you conquer planets and blow each other up. I've been working on this game for a while, and it's finally in a playable enough state that I wanted to give it a test drive. Starting the Game 1. Go to the game page, choose a user name, and log in. You can ignore the password field. For testing, I'm not requiring players to register an account. 2. Choose a game from the select box. "Beta Test" is the only available game at the moment. 3. Join a team. The Beta Test has two teams, Rebellion (red) and Empire (blue). You'll start the game orbiting your team's station. How to Play 1. Move your ship with the arrow keys. Up to thrust, left and right to rotate. 2. Shoot missiles with the space bar. Missiles do not affect planets, stations, or friendly ships. 3. If you are near a neutral or hostile planet, press C to conquer it. 4. If you are near a friendly planet or your team's station, press R to repair your shields. 5. You can send public messages by clicking in the input box on the right side of the screen or pressing the quote key. Type your message and hit enter. Upcoming Plans I'd like to set up multiple games with different scenarios, rules, and objectives (conquer all planets, most kills within a time limit, etc.). I'll also create a few different ship types. After I enable account registration, I'll set up a way to track player stats and top scores. This is the first time I've tested the game outside of my own LAN, so any feedback would be appreciated. Screenshot (slightly reduced from actual size): [Edited by - DaTroof on September 25, 2007 8:14:18 PM]

Thanks, Meto. I've made a few updates over the weekend.

* You can build defenses on your planets by pressing B. Planets with defenses do damage to attacking ships and take longer to conquer.
* I reduced the test game's map size so the games go faster (less flying through lots of empty space to find planets to conquer).
* The lobby gives you detailed information about games in progress when you select one from the list (map size, number of players, etc.).
* I improved the network code to reduce lag.

The defenses definitely seem like a good idea!

It was really good fun when we have a 3 on 3(2?) going on and we were shooting around conquering the planets.

I'd suggest you have some scheduled play tests to get lots of people together.

Sign in to follow this