Sign in to follow this  

Zoda Flight simulator

This topic is 3723 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

Hi! This is a small project I'm doing for school, it's a flight simulator and the goal of the game is to collect points by flying low and fast between buildings! You can also fire missiles, I intended the goal to be bombing structures but in the end the most fun part in the game is to fly around the houses! My best score so far is 81p, let's see if anyone can beat it ;) Features currently implemented: * View frustum culling using a quadtree * Planar shadows * Gloss map * Fog * Collision detection (the plane crashes) * Motion blur (though turned of when you start) All in all completed in about a week. Suggestions for new features are welcome! (Though the school project is by far completed) Download: zoda20070915.zip (713kb) Here's a screenshot to clearify the interface: Controls: 'W' - accelerate 'S' - deaccelerate F1 - boundings F2 - normals F3 - shadows F4 - motion blur F5 - fog '+' - increase motion blur passes '-' - decrease motion blur passes Cheers Fredrik The Black Cedar [Edited by - ixthus on September 15, 2007 3:50:09 PM]

Update

Fixed some bugs and improved the performance considerably so I figured I'll post this new version here. It's improved enough to actually be able to run it with motionblur(turn on with F4), at least on my machine.

Download: zoda20070919.zip

I also did a small video of the game for those of you who don't want to/can't run the game but still want to have a look: video at youtube.

Cheers

(Sorry to bump again, my last post in this thread)

Update again, I've rewritten the steering for the game and (if I may say soo) it's really much better now. Also, I've put the game in a third person view and modeled an aircraft for you to fly around in.

Now I guess this forum isn't supposed to be a development journal forum so I made a small homepage for the game where I'll post news (if there is any, development is pretty much completed now).

The new version and a new youtube video can be found at: http://theblackcedar.com/zoda

Quote:
Original post by NisseBosseLasse
Cool! But the steering was nearly impossible. Turning on the motion blur was really dramatic when you crashed... :)

Thanx :) I've added a config file in the latest release in which you can change the sensitivity (which is probably the problem most people have since it's set for my mouse), hope that solves it.

Sign in to follow this