Disabling DirectDraw?

Started by
4 comments, last by jollyjeffers 16 years, 7 months ago
I cannot for the life of me figure out how to disable directdraw. using directx v.10 on a vista installed laptop if that makes any difference. can someone tell me how? sorry if this belongs in the beginners area, but as it is directly related to DirectX i figured it would be best posted here.
Advertisement
Why on earth would you want to? And what would apps that need DirectDraw do? Crash? Refuse to run?
iirc, Doesn't Direct3d require DirectDraw? So, by disabling DirectDraw, you will be effecting alot of different games and software that use it, both directly and indirectly. (I don't know Direct3d that well, so please correct me if Im wrong.)

I know one can disable hardware acceleration, but I don't think its possible to disable DirectDraw entirely.
Quote:Original post by Crypter
iirc, Doesn't Direct3d require DirectDraw? So, by disabling DirectDraw, you will be effecting alot of different games and software that use it, both directly and indirectly. (I don't know Direct3d that well, so please correct me if Im wrong.)

I know one can disable hardware acceleration, but I don't think its possible to disable DirectDraw entirely.

DAMN

Quote:Original post by Evil Steve
Why on earth would you want to? And what would apps that need DirectDraw do? Crash? Refuse to run?

it wouldn't be permenant
Why do you want to do this? There's possibly a way around it.
I don't think DirectDraw really exists in Vista - it's some sort of HEL instead of a HAL these days. I forget the details, but you can probably google it for more information.

Jack

<hr align="left" width="25%" />
Jack Hoxley <small>[</small><small> Forum FAQ | Revised FAQ | MVP Profile | Developer Journal ]</small>

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement