Sign in to follow this  

Weird error while compiling in DevCpp out of memory allocating 65536 bytes

This topic is 3740 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

out of memory allocating 65536 bytes C:\Documents and Settings\Christian Sueiras\Desktop\SimBox\Makefile.win [Build Error] [WinMain.o] Error 1 I only made a minimal change in my project, and this error wont let me compile... I do have space heck, i got another 60gbs to spare. Why is this error coming out? Any help will be appreciated.

I have never seen this error but why don't you try deleting the .o file and re-compiling again (that will create another .o file).

If that does not work try making sure you are not running out of Ram while trying to compile/link.

I found out its a bug in the gcc compiler....I added a 'dummy' function that does nothing, just for the sake of modifying the file a bit, and it compiled normally. I found a post about this error in gcc's bugzilla. Thanks for the help though! Appreciate it.

This topic is 3740 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.