PIX / textfile output

Started by
2 comments, last by marius1930 16 years, 7 months ago
Hi, i recently started messing around with PIX. Now the first couple of tries the application crashed when trying to open it, and i was given the option of saving the log to a .txt file. Is there any way to get the same log saved, even if you don't crash? Or at least an equal in the .PIXrun files?
Quote:Originally from textfile Direct3D9: (ERROR) :Invalid D3DLIGHT direction Direct3D9: (ERROR) :SetLight failed.
Where can i find this information again, so i can look into it? - Thanks
Advertisement
That looks vaguely like the D3D Debug Runtime output, which you can get without even using PIX. Just turn D3D on to 'Debug' runtime in the DirectX Control Panel, then watch the 'output' window in your debugger.

Richard "Superpig" Fine - saving pigs from untimely fates - Microsoft DirectX MVP 2006/2007/2008/2009
"Shaders are not meant to do everything. Of course you can try to use it for everything, but it's like playing football using cabbage." - MickeyMouse

Yep "Direct3D9: (ERROR) :Invalid D3DLIGHT direction" is given in the debugger.

But the textfile was more helpful,
Quote:Textfile
Frame 000001 ........PRE: <this=0x015142b0>IDirect3DDevice9::SetLight(0x00000001, <unknown type 122>)
Direct3D9: (ERROR) :Invalid D3DLIGHT direction

While the debugger gives no indication of which light it is, PIX logged every call made.

(light 1 in this case)

[Edited by - marius1930 on September 17, 2007 12:07:24 PM]
Anyone?

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement